The resources that are assigned to your project task have associated costs, but the total costs for your resource assignments show a zero value.
The wrong cost rate table (cost rate table: A collection of information about a resource's rates, including the standard rate, overtime rate, any per-use cost, and the date when the pay rate takes effect. You can establish up to five different cost rate tables for each resource.) may be applied to your task.
- Check that all resources are assigned to tasks. Note that costs are calculated only after resources are assigned to tasks.
- Check the cost rate table that you have applied to the task. A cost rate table that does not contain rates may have been applied. You can change the cost rate table for the resource assignment.
- On the View menu, click Task Usage.
In the Task Usage view, resources are grouped by the tasks they are assigned to.
- Select the resource who is assigned to the task for which you want to verify its associated cost rate table.
- Click Assignment Information .
- In the Cost rate table list, verify that the cost rate table is the correct one for the task.