Developers You can use this procedure to load or unload a COM add-in (COM add-in: A supplemental program with the filename extension .dll or .exe that extends the capabilities of a program by adding custom commands and specialized features. COM add-ins can be designed to load and run in one or more Office programs.) for testing before you have designed installation and removal programs for your add-in.
Other users of Microsoft Office Project 2003 If you are not a developer, you should not need this procedure. Contact the person who provided the add-in if you need installation and removal instructions.
- If you already have the COM Add-Ins command on the Tools menu, skip to step 6.
- On the Tools menu, point to Customize, and then click Toolbars.
- Click the Commands tab, and then click Tools in the Categories list.
- Drag COM Add-Ins from the Commands box over the Tools menu on the menu bar. When the Tools menu commands appear, point to where you want the COM Add-Ins command to appear on the menu, and then release the mouse button.
- In the Customize dialog box, click Close.
- On the Tools menu, click COM Add-Ins.
- In the Add-Ins available list, do one of the following:
To load an add-in, select the check box next to its name. If the add-in you want isn't in the list, click Add, locate the add-in, and then click OK.
To unload an add-in from memory but keep its name in the list, clear the check box next to its name.
To remove an add-in from the list and from memory, click its name, and then click Remove.
Note Unloading or removing an add-in doesn't remove the add-in file from your computer.