You can view all enterprise fields for tasks, resources, or the project in the corresponding Information dialog box and then enter or change the required information or values if necessary.
Enter information for tasks or resources
- On the View menu, click the task view (task view: A view that displays task information. Task views include three task forms; examples include Calendar, Detail Gantt, Gantt Chart, Milestone Rollup, PA_PERT Entry Sheet, Task Entry, Relationship Diagram, Task Sheet, and Task Usage.) or resource view (resource view: A view that displays resource information. Resource views include the Resource Sheet, the Resource Graph, the Resource Usage, and the resource forms views.) that you want.
To use a view that is not on the View menu, click More views, click the view you want to use in the Views list, and then click Apply.
- Click Task Information or Resource Information .
- Click the Custom Fields tab.
- To enter information, click the Value field of any custom field, and then type or select the information.
- You can also display the enterprise fields directly in a view and enter the required information there.
- Under Custom Fields, the custom fields that are not enterprise fields are displayed along with the enterprise custom fields.
- You cannot access the enterprise custom fields for assignments in the Assignments Information dialog box. These fields can be displayed only in a view.
Enter information for the project
- On the Project menu, click Project Information.
- To enter the information, click the Value field of any custom field, and then type or select the information.
Note When you save a project to Microsoft Office Project Server 2007, you can add and edit information in the custom fields in the Save to Project Server dialog box.