You can use a task form (form: A type of view that gives you detailed information about an individual task or resource.) to create a detailed Gantt table (table: A set of columns that shows specific information about tasks, resources, and assignments in a sheet view.).
- On the View menu, click More Views.
- In the Views list, click Task Form, and then click Apply.
- In the Name box, type the task name.
- In the Duration box, enter the task duration (duration: The total span of active working time that is required to complete a task. This is generally the amount of working time from the start to finish of a task, as defined by the project and resource calendar.).
- If you want the task duration to remain fixed regardless of resource assignments (assignment: A specific resource that is assigned to a particular task.), select the Effort driven check box to make your task effort-driven (effort-driven scheduling: The default method of scheduling in Project; the duration of a task shortens or lengthens as resources are added or removed from a task, while the amount of effort necessary to complete a task remains unchanged.).
- In the form columns, enter detailed information about the task (such as assigned resources and predecessor (predecessor: A task that must start or finish before another task can start or finish.) tasks).
Note You cannot use the task form to enter subtasks into your project. Subtasks are created by indenting and outdenting tasks while outlining your project.