Data Type Date (date field: A type of field whose content is a date. Examples include the Baseline Start and Early Finish fields.)
Entry Type Calculated (calculated field: A field in which the value is determined by Project based on information in other fields. Project may recalculate the value automatically or when you specify, depending on your choice of calculation settings.)
Description For each task (task: An activity that has a beginning and an end. Project plans are made up of tasks.) that has a deliverable (deliverable: A tangible and measurable result, outcome, or item that must be produced to complete a project or part of a project. Typically, the project team and project stakeholders agree on project deliverables before the project begins.) associated with it, the Deliverable Finish field displays the scheduled finish date (finish date: The date that a task is scheduled to be completed. This date is based on the task's start date, duration, calendars, predecessor dates, task dependencies, and constraints.) of that deliverable. For tasks that have no associated deliverable, this field displays a value of NA.
How Calculated The Deliverable Finish field displays the text that appears in the Finish field for the associated deliverable. This date cannot be changed manually on the task sheet. To change this date, connect to Project Server, click Task, and then click Deliverables.
Note Some deliverables use the Title (Name), Start, and Finish values of the tasks that produce them. Making changes to the deliverable values does not automatically make the same changes to the associated task.
Best Uses Add the Deliverable Finish field to a task sheet so that you can tell at a glance when an associated deliverable is scheduled to be completed.
Remarks You can only associate one deliverable with any one task, either as a deliverable produced by that task or as a deliverable produced by another task or project upon which that task is dependent.
To make project deliverables visible on a task sheet, include at least one of the following fields:
- Deliverable Type indicates whether the current task has an associated deliverable, and whether that deliverable is produced by the current task or produced by a separate project or task upon which the current task is dependent.
- Deliverable Name displays the name or title of the associated deliverable.
- Deliverable Start displays the scheduled start date of the associated deliverable.
- Deliverable Finish displays the scheduled finish date of the associated deliverable.
- Deliverable GUID displays the unique identification code of the associated deliverable.