Workspace (workspace: Files and settings you can save and reopen by opening a single workspace file. Workspace files have the .mpw extension. When you create a workspace file, Project creates lists of the current settings, open projects, views, and so on.) sites provide an easy way for team members and stakeholders (stakeholders: Individuals and organizations that are actively involved in the project or whose interests may be affected by the project.) to collaborate on a project.
- On the File menu, click Publish.
- If you have made changes to the plan and haven't yet saved them, you will be prompted to do so. Click Yes to save the plan.
- Click Create a workspace for this project.
- If your project belongs under another larger project, you may want to create the workspace site for your project as a "sub-workspace" under the larger project.
Select the Provision the workspace as a sub-workspace of another project? check box. In the Select a project box, click the larger project, under which you are creating the workspace site for your project.
- Select a virtual server from the Virtual Server list, if applicable.
- Change the default URL for the workspace site in the Site URL box, if necessary.
For example, if the project participates in a program or another company initiative, you may want use the URL associated with that program or initiative.
- Click Publish.