The usage views display assignment and timephased (timephased: Task, resource, or assignment information that is distributed over time. You can review timephased information in any available time period in the fields on the right side of the Task Usage and Resource Usage views.) information for a given time period. By default, the Work field displays in the timephased portion of the Resource Usage view and Task Usage view. If you don't see the information you need in the timephased portion of either usage view, you can display different information. For example, you can display actual work, cumulative work, cost, or other data.
- On the View menu, click Task Usage or Resource Usage.
- On the Format menu, point to Details, and then click the type of information that you want to show or hide.
Note Fields that are currently displayed appear with a check mark. To remove information from the timephased portion of a view, click the item that you want to hide.
If you don't see the field that you want to add, you can additional fields.
- On the Format menu, click Detail Styles, and then click the Usage Details tab.
- In the Available fields list, click the field you want to show, and then click Show.
- Under Field settings, select a font, cell background, and pattern for the field.
- To view field names on the timephased portion of the view, click the Usage Properties tab, and then click Yes in the Display details header column box.
- To repeat field names on all assignment rows, select the Repeat details header on all assignment rows check box.
- To display abbreviated field names, select the Display short detail header names check box.