To change the interface or Help language for Microsoft Office Project 2003, your organization must have purchased and distributed the Microsoft Office Project 2003 Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI Pack), and it must be installed. For details, see your system administrator.
- On the Start menu in Microsoft Windows XP, point to All Programs (in Windows 2000, point to Programs), point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office XP Language Settings or Microsoft Office Language Settings.
- On the User Interface tab, do one of the following:
In Windows 2000 and Windows XP, change the user interface language.
- In the Display menus and dialog boxes in box, click the language you want.
In Windows 2000, change the Help language.
- In the Display Help in box, click the language you want.
- Some Project components don't support changing the language of the interface or Help. For more information, see the Microsoft Office Project 2003 Resource Kit.
- If you want to check the spelling and grammar in different languages and you don't want to install the Project MUI Pack, you can purchase the Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2003 CD, which you can use with projects created with Project. This add-in package contains the proofing tools that Microsoft makes for more than 50 languages. The tools include fonts, spelling and grammar checkers, AutoCorrect lists, translation dictionaries, and, for Asian languages, Input Method Editors (IMEs) (IME: A program that enters Asian text [Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, or Korean] into programs by converting keystrokes into complex Asian characters. The IME [input method editor] is treated as an alternate type of keyboard layout.).