You can change task scheduling defaults to indicate how much time you want to constitute a day, a week, and a month when entering and reviewing durations (duration: The total span of active working time that is required to complete a task. This is generally the amount of working time from the start to finish of a task, as defined by the project and resource calendar.) in a task view (task view: A view that displays task information. Task views include three task forms; examples include Calendar, Detail Gantt, Gantt Chart, Milestone Rollup, PA_PERT Entry Sheet, Task Entry, Relationship Diagram, Task Sheet, and Task Usage.). It can also help you synchronize task scheduling with what you've established in the working time (working time: Hours designated in a resource or project calendar during which work can occur.) calendars for resource availability (availability: Indicates when and how much of a resource's time can be scheduled for assigned work. Availability is determined by project and resource calendars, resource start and finish dates, or the level at which the resource is available for work.).
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Calendar tab.
- To change the default start or end time for scheduled tasks, change the time in the Default start time and Default end time boxes.
- If you want to change how many hours Microsoft Office Project 2003 schedules for 1 day, enter it in the Hours per day box.
For example, if you want Project to schedule 6 hours when you enter a 1-day duration, type or select 6 in the Hours per day box.
- If you want to change how many hours Project schedules for 1 week, enter it in the Hours per week box.
For example, if you want Project to schedule 30 hours when you enter a 1-week duration, type or select 30 in the Hours per week box.
- If you want to change how many days Project schedules for 1 month, enter it in the Days per month box.
For example, if you want Project to schedule 24 days when you enter a 1-month duration, type or select 24 in the Days per month box.
Note The settings you make on the Calendar tab do not change the project calendar or resource calendars. You can change project or resource calendars using the Resource Working Times side pane. On the Project Guide toolbar, click Resources, and then click Define working times for resources. You can also click Change Working Time on the Tools menu.