To include additional or supporting information, you can add a note to a task (task: An activity that has a beginning and an end. Project plans are made up of tasks.), resource (resources: The people, equipment, and material that are used to complete tasks in a project.), assignment (assignment: A specific resource that is assigned to a particular task.), or the entire project. You can also include a file, such as an Office Word 2003 document, with the note.
Add a task, resource, or assignment note
- On the View menu, click a task view (task view: A view that displays task information. Task views include three task forms; examples include Calendar, Detail Gantt, Gantt Chart, Milestone Rollup, PA_PERT Entry Sheet, Task Entry, Relationship Diagram, Task Sheet, and Task Usage.), a resource view (resource view: A view that displays resource information. Resource views include the Resource Sheet, the Resource Graph, the Resource Usage, and the resource forms views.), or a usage view.
- On the View menu, point to Table, and then click Entry.
- To add a task note, select a task in the Task Name field of the task view, and then click Task Notes .
To add a resource note, select a resource in the Resource Name field of the resource view, and then click Resource Notes .
To add an assignment note, select the assignment in the Task Name or Resource Name field of the usage view, and then click Assignment Notes .
- In the Notes box, type the content of the note, and then click OK.
- To format the text, select it, and then click Format Font, Align Left, Center, Align Right, or Bulleted List.
- To insert a picture, graphic, or file click Insert Object .
- To view the note, rest the pointer on the notes indicator in the Indicators field of your view. To view a long note in its entirety, double-click the notes indicator.
- To delete a note, simply select the text in the Notes box, and then press DELETE.
Add a project note
- On the File menu, click Properties, and then click the Summary tab.
- In the Comments box, type the content of the note, and then click OK.
- Text you enter in the Comments box appears as a note on the project summary task, and notes added to the project summary task will appear in the Comments box. To display the project summary task, click Options on the Tools menu, and then click the View tab. Under Outline options, select the Show project summary task check box.
- To view the note, make sure the project summary task is displayed in your view, and then rest the pointer on the notes indicator in the Indicators field. To view a long note in its entirety, double-click the notes indicator. If the project summary task is not displayed, you can only view a project note in the Comments box.