The ability to highlight text in your presentation with color is not available in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010. This article shows how to simulate a color highlight on a section of text.
- Click the slide that you want highlighted text to appear on.
- On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Text Box, and then on the slide, drag to draw the text box.
- In the text box, type or paste the text that you want to appear as highlighted.
- Drag one of the text box sizing handles (sizing handle: One of the small circles or squares that appears at the corners and sides of a selected object. You drag these handles to change the size of the object.) to fit the actual size of the text.
- On the Home tab, in the Drawing group, click Shape Fill, and then click the fill color that you want to highlight the text with.
- Drag the colored text section to the location that you want on your slide.
Tip To more precisely position the colored text box, click the text box when the pointer is a four-direction arrow , then hold down CTRL and use the keyboard arrow keys.
Top of Page