Now that you can embed videos in your presentations, you may want to use one of your videos as a background for your slides.
- PowerPoint will support QuickTime (.mov, .mp4) and Adobe Flash (.swf) files when you have installed the QuickTime and Adobe Flash players.
- There are some limitations when using Flash in PowerPoint 2010, including the inability to use special effects (such as shadows, reflections, glow effects, soft edges, bevels, and 3-D rotation), the fade and trim capabilities, and the ability to compress these files for easier sharing and distribution.
- PowerPoint 2010 does not support 64-bit versions of QuickTime or Flash.
To embed from a file and use it as a background on a slide, do the following:
- In Normal view, click the slide in which you want to embed a video.
- On the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the arrow under Video, and then click Video from file.
- In the Insert Video dialog box, locate and click the video that you want to embed, and then click Insert.
- On the slide, select the corner sizing handles of the video frame, and then drag each so that you cover the slide with the video frame.