To ensure that your title text and body text automatically fit in a placeholder (placeholders: Boxes with dotted borders that are part of most slide layouts. These boxes hold title and body text or objects such as charts, tables, and pictures.), do the following to turn the AutoFit functionality on or off in PowerPoint 2010:
- Click the File tab, and then under Help, click Options.
- In the PowerPoint Options dialog box, in the left pane, click Proofing.
- Under AutoCorrect options, click AutoCorrect Options.
- Click the AutoFormat As You Type tab, and then under Apply as you type, do the following:
- If you want to automatically fit the title text in a placeholder, select the AutoFit title text to placeholder check box, or clear the check box if you want to turn AutoFit text off.
- If you want to automatically fit the body text in a placeholder, select the AutoFit body text to placeholder check box, or clear the check box if you want to turn AutoFit text off.
To learn more about AutoFit, see the article Manage text in a placeholder by using AutoFit.