- On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect, and then click the AutoCorrect tab.
- Do one or more of the following:
- To turn the capitalization options on or off, select or clear any of these check boxes:
- Correct TWo INitial CApitals
- Capitalize first letter of sentences
- Capitalize first letter of table cells
- Capitalize names of days
- Correct accidental use of cAPS LOCK key
- To turn text entries for misspellings and typos on or off, select or clear the Replace text as you type check box.
You can also turn off AutoCorrect settings by using the menu displayed by the AutoCorrect Options button , which appears when you rest the mouse pointer near text that was just corrected. On the button menu, click Stop (capitalizing or correcting) for the type of correction that was made. This turns off the relevant capitalization option or deletes the relevant spelling entry in the AutoCorrect dialog box.