When I click a hyperlink, nothing happens.
- Hyperlinks work only while a slide show presentation is running — not while you're working on your presentation in normal view or slide sorter view. On the View menu, select Slide Show.
- You might have set some special effects or a different activation method for the hyperlink. To check its settings, select the hyperlink, and then on the Slide Show menu click Action Settings.
When I click a hyperlink, a message appears.
- The destination (destination: General term for the name of the element you go to from a hyperlink.) of the hyperlink might have been deleted, moved, or renamed. If the destination is on an intranet (intranet: A network within an organization that uses Internet technologies (such as the HTTP or FTP protocol). By using hyperlinks, you can explore objects, documents, pages, and other destinations on the intranet.) or the Internet (Internet: A worldwide network of thousands of smaller computer networks and millions of commercial, educational, government, and personal computers. The Internet is like an electronic city with virtual libraries, stores, art galleries, and so on.), use your Web browser to verify that the destination is valid.
- The destination of the hyperlink might have been entered incorrectly.
- You may not have access to the destination. If the destination is on an intranet, see your network administrator to make sure you have access to the destination. If the destination is on the Internet, you must have Internet access and a Web browser installed. Check to see whether your Internet connection is active by visiting a Web site.
- The security settings for your Web browser might not allow you to download or open files. Check the security options in your Web browser.
- The destination site might be too busy.
Downloading linked information or going to a hyperlink destination takes a long time.