You can display the current slide number and total number of slides on all of the slides in your presentation. For example, 1 of 12 slides, 12 of 15 slides, etc.
- On the View tab, in the Presentation Views group, click Slide Master, and then click the slide master thumbnail.
- On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Text Box, and then drag to draw the text box where you want the slide number to appear on your slides.
- With the cursor still in the text box, on the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Slide Number.
- In the text box, place your cursor before the <#>, and then type Slide.
- Place your cursor after the <#>, and then type of x , where x equals the total number of slides in your presentation.
Note Because this procedure adds slide numbers to the slide master, the slide numbers can't be deleted from or edited in individual slides and they won't appear in the Header and Footer dialog box.
Top of Page