The Developer tab is not displayed by default, but you can add it to the ribbon when you want to do or use the following:
- Write macros.
- Run macros that you previously recorded.
- Use XML commands.
- Use ActiveX controls.
- Create applications to use with Microsoft Office programs.
- Use form controls in Microsoft Excel.
- Work with the ShapeSheet in Microsoft Visio.
- Create new shapes and stencils in Microsoft Visio.
After you show the tab, it stays visible, unless you clear the check box or have to reinstall a Microsoft Office program.
Show the Developer tab
- Click the File tab.
- Click Options.
- Click Customize Ribbon.
- Under Customize the Ribbon and under Main Tabs, select the Developer check box.
Top of Page