Use this procedure when you need a presentation on your laptop computer to appear on an external monitor or projection system.
- Connect the external display port on the laptop computer to the monitor or projection system, and turn on the projector.
- For information about connecting external devices, see the documentation for your laptop computer.
- Set your laptop computer display resolution to match the resolution of the projector system.
- Open the Display Properties dialog box for your laptop computer, and click the Settings tab.
- Under Screen Area, move the slider to adjust the display resolution of your laptop. If you are unsure which setting to choose, try 800x600 pixels; this is a common setting for many projector systems.
- If you will be using audio in your presentation, connect the cable between your laptop computer and the projector, and test the volume by playing a sound file or part of your presentation.
You can run a slide show on one monitor while viewing slides, notes, and the presentation outline on another if you have dual-monitor hardware installed and are using Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 (or later) or Microsoft Windows XP.