To create handouts that are more elaborate than what you can make in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, print your handouts from Microsoft Office Word 2007.
- In Office PowerPoint 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button , point to Publish, and then click Create Handouts in Microsoft Office Word.
- In the Send to Microsoft Office Word dialog box, click the page layout that you want, and then do one of the following:
- To paste content that you want to remain static, or unchanged, when the content in the original PowerPoint 2007 presentation is updated, click Paste, and then click OK.
- To ensure that any updates that occur to the original PowerPoint 2007 presentation are reflected in the Office Word 2007 document, click Paste Link, and then click OK.
- If you click Paste Link, each time that you open the Word 2007 document that contains the linked presentation, you will be prompted to accept or reject any updates that were made to the linked presentation.
- Do not move the Word 2007 handout file because, as with any linked file, the link can easily break. To eliminate linking problems, keep all files associated with your PowerPoint 2007 presentation in the same folder and then link them, so that if you decide to burn your presentation to a CD, the links will work.
- Open Word 2007, and then print your handouts from Word 2007.
Note For information about embedding or linking a PowerPoint 2007 presentation within Word 2007, see Link or embed a PowerPoint slide.