Saving your presentation as a template offers the following advantages:
- You can use the exact slide layout in other presentations.
- You can apply the template to existing presentations to quickly update the way they look.
- You can use the template to quickly create a new presentation.
- You can easily share your template file with others in your company.
To use your template, instead of selecting a blank presentation after clicking New, select your template from My Templates.
After you apply the template to a presentation, any custom and built-in layouts are available from the New Slide and Layout galleries on the Home tab, in the Slides group.
To save the presentation as a template file:
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , point to Save As, and then click Other Formats.
- In the File name box, type a file name that you will recognize.
- In the Save as type list, click PowerPoint Template (*.potx), and then click Save.
Templates appear under My Templates in the New Presentation gallery when saved to the default location.