Note It is not possible to save a Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 presentation that contains Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) (Visual Basic for Applications (VBA): A macro-language version of Microsoft Visual Basic that is used to program Microsoft Windows-based applications and is included with several Microsoft programs.) macros (macro: An action or a set of actions that you can use to automate tasks. Macros are recorded in the Visual Basic for Applications programming language.) with a file name extension that ends with an "x" (such as .pptx or .sldx). Presentations with file name extensions that end with an "x" do not contain macros, and therefore cannot contain VBA code.
To save a presentation that contains VBA macros, do the following:
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Save As.
- In the Save as type list, select one of the following:
- PowerPoint Macro-Enabled Presentation A presentation with a .pptm file name extension that can contain VBA code.
- PowerPoint Macro-Enabled Show A presentation with a .ppsm file name extension that includes pre-approved macros that you can run from within your presentation.
- PowerPoint Macro-Enabled Design Template A template with a .potm file name extension that includes pre-approved macros that you can add to a template and use in your presentation.