When you create a presentation, and then save it as a PowerPoint Template (.pot) file, you can share it with your colleagues and reuse it more than once. And, after you save the presentation as a .pot file, the next time you open Microsoft PowerPoint, it appears in the Slide Design task pane (task pane: A window within an Office program that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you to use these commands while still working on your files.) in alphabetical order under Available for Use.
- On the File menu, click New.
- In the New Presentation task pane, under New, click From existing presentation, select the presentation you want, and then click Create New. (This preserves your original presentation.)
- Delete any text, slides, or design elements that you don't want to be part of the new template, and apply any changes that you do want in the template.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the File name box, type a name for your template.
- In the Save as type box, click Design Template.
- Click Save.