To use Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003 for a presentation, you must have it installed on your computer. Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003 is installed by default when you use the Package for CD feature. You can also install PowerPoint Viewer 2003 directly from the Microsoft Office Online Web site.
- Start Office PowerPoint Viewer in one of two ways:
Locate and select the presentation you want to show.
- If you packaged PowerPoint Viewer and one or more presentations with the Package for CD feature, in Windows Explorer, go to the folder where you installed the packaged presentation, and then double-click the PowerPoint Viewer file, Pptview.exe.
- If you downloaded PowerPoint Viewer from the Web rather than installing it with your Office installation, you can open it from your Start menu. Click the Start button, point to All Programs, and then click Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003.
- Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003 does not support PowerPoint 95 or earlier file formats. Only files that are compatible with PowerPoint 97 or later can be viewed with PowerPoint Viewer 2003.
- To view a presentation that is formatted for PowerPoint 95 or earlier in PowerPoint Viewer 2003, first open the presentation in PowerPoint 97 or later, and then save it in a PowerPoint 97 or later format.
- To view a presentation that is formatted for PowerPoint 95 (but not earlier), you can also use Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 97. Find links to more information about downloading this viewer, and about saving earlier files in later formats, in the See Also section, which is visible when you are connected to the Internet.