When you record a narration, you run through the presentation and record on each slide. You can pause and resume recording.
To record a voice narration, you need a sound card, microphone, and speakers.
- On the Outline tab or Slides tab in normal view, select the slide icon or thumbnail that you want to start the recording on.
- On the Slide Show menu, click Record Narration.
- Click Set Microphone Level, follow the directions to set your microphone level, and then click OK.
- Do one of the following:
Embed the narration
Link the narration
- Select the Link narrations in check box, and click Browse.
- Click a folder in the list, and then click Select.
- Click OK.
- If in step 1 you selected the first slide to begin the recording on, go to step 6. If you selected a different slide to begin the recording on, the Record Narration dialog box appears. Do one of the following:
- To start the narration on the first slide in the presentation, click First Slide.
- To start the narration on the currently selected slide, click Current Slide.
- In slide show view, speak the narrative text into the microphone, and click in the slide to advance. Speak the narrative text for that slide, advance to the next slide, and so on. You can pause and resume the narration.
- Repeat step 6 until you've run through the slides, and when you come to the black Exit screen, click in it.
- The narration is automatically saved, and a message appears asking if you want to save the timings for the show as well. Do one of the following:
- To save the timings, click Save. Your slides appear in slide sorter view, with the slide timings shown below each one.
- To cancel the timings, click Don't Save. (You can record the timings separately.)
Note In your presentation, only one sound can play at a time. So if you have inserted a sound that is to play automatically, it will get overridden by voice narration.
- To run the presentation without narration, on the Slide Show menu, click Set Up Show, and then select the Show without narration check box.
- If you have saved slide timings but want to run the presentation without the timings, on the Slide Show menu, click Set Up Show, and under Advance slides, click Manually. When you want the timings on again, click Using timings, if present.