If you have created a self-running presentation, you might want to add music to accompany the presentation. Or you might want to have music playing before or after your presentation as your audience enters or exits.
Music from a CD isn't added to your presentation, so the music won't increase the file size of your presentation. However, you need to remember to bring the CD with you when you deliver your presentation.
Add audio to a slide in a presentation
- Insert the CD into the CD drive.
- Click the slide on which you want the music to start playing.
- On the Insert tab, in the Media Clips group, click the arrow under Sound, and then click Play CD Audio Track.
- Under Clip selection, in the Start at track and End at track boxes, enter the starting and ending track numbers.
To play only one track or part of a track, enter the same number in both boxes.
- Do one or both of the following:
When prompted to specify how you want the sound to start in the presentation, do one of the following:
- In the time boxes, set the start time for the starting track and end time for the ending track. By default, the start time is zero and the end time is the total number of minutes for the ending track.
- If you want the music to repeat, under Play options, select the Loop until stopped check box.
- To play the music automatically when you go to the slide, click Automatically.
- To play the music when you click the CD icon , click When Clicked.
If you choose to start the music with a mouse click, the CD icon will appear on your slide even if you selected the Hide During Show check box.
Adjust the audio settings
- To adjust the settings for when to stop the music, on the Animations tab, in the Animations group, click Custom Animation.
- In the Custom Animation task pane (task pane: A window within an Office program that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you to use these commands while still working on your files.), click the arrow to the right of the selected sound in the Custom Animation list, and then click Effect Options.
- On the Effect tab, under Stop playing clip, do one of the following:
- To stop the music with a mouse click on the slide, select On click.
- To stop the music after this slide, click After current slide.
- To keep the music playing for several slides, click After, and then set the total number of slides on which the music should play.
- To play different tracks of the CD with different slides, repeat steps 3 through 6 in the process, Add audio to a slide in a presentation above by using Play CD Audio Track to add the sound, and then set up the track and timing for each slide.
- If you set up the presentation to play continuously, the CD will resume playing with the first programmed track when the presentation restarts.
- You can change the CD settings, such as track number or start and end times, under CD Audio Tools, on the Options tab, in the Set Up group.