|Microsoft Office PowerPoint® 2003
When you view your published Web presentation in the browser, it doesn't look the way that you expect it to.
There are several possible causes for this symptom:
- The presentation might have been saved in the wrong Web browser format
Microsoft PowerPoint makes better presentations by taking advantage of the advanced Web browser features of Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 and later. Some of these features aren't fully supported in earlier browser versions. If you are using Internet Explorer version 2.0 or 3.0, or Netscape Navigator version 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0, and you view a Web presentation that was saved by using the Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later (high fidelity) option:
- Only the expanded presentation outline is displayed.
- No notes or additional frames are displayed.
- Hyperlinks are disabled.
- Clicking a slide title in the outline pane doesn't jump to the slide.
- Sounds and movies don't play.
- Default browser colors are used to display presentation text color and background color.
Note These color elements are displayed correctly in Internet Explorer 3.0.
To learn more about using other browsers to view Web presentations, see the articles Web presentations for different browsers and Optimize a Web presentation for a specific browser.
- You might be viewing the Web presentation on a UNIX computer
If you are using Internet Explorer 4.0 on a UNIX computer, animations — including slide transitions — aren't supported when you view a Web presentation that was saved by using the Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later (high fidelity) option.
- The slide show feature that you are expecting to see might not be supported
Some PowerPoint features are either supported differently or not supported at all when a presentation is viewed in a Web browser.
For details, see the following lists.
- The Run Macro option is not supported.
- The Highlight click and Highlight when mouse over check boxes are not supported.
- Object action options are not supported.
- A hyperlink to a custom show doesn't play the show.
- The play sound option doesn't play if the object is also formatted as a hyperlink (for example, a hyperlink to the next slide).
- If a hyperlink on the slide master is covered by a placeholder (even an empty placeholder), the hyperlink doesn't work.
- Commands on the shortcut menu (the menu that appears when you right-click a slide) are not supported.
- Some of the slide show presentation shortcut keys are not supported.
- The BACKSPACE key shows the last slide viewed, not the previous slide in the order of your presentation.
- It is not possible to run individual custom shows.
- The Update automatically check box doesn't work for dates and times.
- Pressing F1 doesn't display the Slide Show Help dialog box.
- The Shadow and Embossed font formatting effects are not supported.