You may find a video on YouTube that conveys a message that matches with the message of your PowerPoint presentation. You can link to the video and play it for your audience during your presentation.
Most web sites that contain videos include an “embed code”, yet the locations of embed codes will differ depending on each web site. And, some videos do not have an embed code, and therefore you cannot link to those. But, to be clear, even though they are called 'embed codes', the original video will continue to be hosted on the web site (requiring you to have a working Internet connection when you want to present the video) and will not be inserted into your file. In reality, you are linking to the video.
Important If you link to, use, or distribute content (that you did not create) on YouTube, please make sure that you obtain the owner's approval first.
- In PowerPoint, click the slide to which you want to add the video.
- In your browser, go to www.youtube.com.
- Locate the video that you want to link to.
- Below the video, click Share, and then click Embed.
- Select the Use old embed code check box, and then specify the format and size of the video that you want to link to.
- Copy the embed code.
- Back in PowerPoint, on the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the arrow under Video.
- Click Video From Web Site.
- In the Video From Web Site dialog box, paste the embed code, and then click Insert.
Top of Page