To run a presentation on a computer on which Microsoft Office PowerPoint is not installed, or to distribute a self-contained presentation to an audience that might not have PowerPoint installed, use Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer.
Note PowerPoint Viewer 2003 is no longer available for download. Instead, you can use PowerPoint Viewer 2007 to display presentations formatted for PowerPoint 2000, 2002, 2003 or later. To download, see Install and run PowerPoint Viewer 2007.
Each time you use the Package a Presentation for CD feature in PowerPoint, the presentation package automatically includes a copy of PowerPoint Viewer. This helps ensure that the people receiving the presentation CD can view it, even if they do not have PowerPoint installed.
To package a presentation for CD, do the following:
- In PowerPoint, open the presentation you want to package.
- On the File menu, click Package for CD.
- In the Package for CD dialog box, click Options, and then select the options that you want.
- Click Copy to Folder or Copy to CD to complete packaging, and then distribute the packaged presentation.
- Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003 does not support PowerPoint 95 or earlier file formats. Only files that are compatible with PowerPoint 97 or later can be viewed with PowerPoint Viewer 2003.
- To view a presentation that is formatted for PowerPoint 95 or earlier in PowerPoint Viewer 2003, first open the presentation in PowerPoint 97 or later, and then save it in a PowerPoint 97 or later format.
- To view a presentation that is formatted for PowerPoint 95 (but not earlier), you can also use Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 97. Find links to more information about downloading this viewer, and about saving earlier files in later formats, in the See Also section, which is visible when you are connected to the Internet.