Inserting slide numbers on your slides is pretty straightforward, as long as you know how to get the results you want. For example, sometimes the numbers don’t show up when you expect them to, or you might want to start the slide numbering with a different number.
- In Normal View, on the Insert tab, click Slide Number.
- On the Slide tab, check Slide number.
- If you don’t want a number to appear on your title slide, check the Don’t show on title slide box.
- To hide the slide numbers on your slides, on the Slide tab, uncheck Slide number.
- Click Apply to All.
Start your slide numbering at zero, or any other number
You can start your slide numbering with any number, here’s how:
- On the Design tab, click Slide Size, and then click Custom Slide Size.
- Under Number slides from, do one of the following
- To start slide numbering from zero, click the down arrow until you get to ‘0’.
- To start the slide numbering from any other number, click the up arrow until the number that you want to start your slides from appears.