An Adobe Macromedia Director movie file cannot be inserted into a Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 presentation. To play a Director movie during your presentation, do one of the following:
Note ActiveX control security settings are located in the Trust Center, where you can find security and privacy settings for 2007 Microsoft Office system programs. You may need to adjust your security settings to allow Active X controls to run. ActiveX settings in the Trust Center apply to all 2007 Office release products. For example, if you change a setting in PowerPoint, that setting is also changed for other Office programs that use the Trust Center. For more information about Active X controls and changing settings, see Enable or disable ActiveX controls in Office documents.
- Convert the Director movie to a Director Shockwave version of the file. To do this, see your Director documentation or the Adobe Web site.
- Download and install the Director Shockwave control, also known as the Shockwave ActiveX Control, from the Adobe Macromedia Shockwave Download Page.
Note The Director Shockwave control must be registered on your computer for you to play the Director file within a presentation. To see whether the Director Shockwave control is registered, on the Developer tab, in the Controls group, click More Controls. If the Director Shockwave control appears in the list of controls, it is registered on your computer. If it is not registered, download the latest version of the Shockwave Player from the Adobe Web site to register the Shockwave Playercontrol on your computer.
- In PowerPoint, in Normal view, display the slide on which you want to play the Director movie.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click PowerPoint Options.
- Click Popular, and then under Top Options for working with PowerPoint, select the Show Developer tab in the Ribbon check box, and then click OK.
Note The Ribbon is a part of the Microsoft Office Fluent user interface
- On the Developer tab, in the Controls group, click More Controls.
- In the list of controls, click Shockwave ActiveX Control, click OK, and then drag on the slide to draw the control.
Resize the control by dragging the sizing handles.
- Right-click the Shockwave ActiveX Object, and then click Properties.
- On the Alphabetic tab, click the SRC property.
- In the value column (the blank cell next to SRC), type either the full drive path, including the file name (for example, C:\MyFile.dcr) or the uniform resource locator (URL) to the Director file that you want to play.
Tip If you put the .dcr file in the same folder as your presentation, you can type the file name rather than the full path.
Note The third-party products discussed in this article are manufactured by vendors independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.