To edit a layout, do the following:
- On the View tab, in the Master Views group, click Slide Master.
- In the pane that contains the slide masters and layouts, click the layout that you want to edit.
- Edit the layout.
Note If the edits you make to a layout changes the purpose of the original layout, rename the layout.
- In the Close group, click Close Master View.
To apply the updates you made to the layout to the slides in your presentation, do the following:
- In Normal view, in the pane that contains the Outline and Slide tabs, click the Slides tab.
- Click the slides that you want to reapply the updated layout to.
- On the Home tab, in the Slides group, click Layout, and then select the layout that you just updated.