You can create your own theme containing custom colors, fonts, and effects by starting with a built-in theme and changing its settings. Then you can save the settings as a new theme in your theme gallery.
Change theme colors
Theme colors contain four text and background colors, six accent colors, and two hyperlink colors. Under Sample, you can see how the text font styles and colors look before you settle on your color combination.
- On the View tab, click Slide Master, click Colors, and then click Customize Colors .
Tip The colors beneath the Colors button represent the theme that is currently applied to your presentation.
- In the Create New Theme Colors dialog box, under Theme colors, do one of the following:
3. Click the button next to the name of the theme color element (for example, Accent 1 or Hyperlink) that you want to change, and then choose a color under Theme Colors.
- Click More Colors, and do one of the following:
- On the Standard tab, select a color.
- On the Custom tab, enter a color formula number for the exact color that you want.
Repeat steps 2and 3 for all of the theme color elements that you want to change.
Tip Under Sample (shown above), you can see the effect of the changes that you make right away.
- In the Name box, type an appropriate name for the new combination of theme colors, and then click Save.
Tip If you want to return all theme color elements to their original theme colors, click Reset before you click Save.
Change theme fonts
- On the View tab, click Slide Master, click Fonts , and then click Customize Fonts
- In the Create New Theme Fonts dialog box, under the Heading font and Body font boxes, select the fonts that you want to use.
- In the Name box, type an appropriate name for the new theme fonts, and then click Save.
Choose a set of theme effects
Theme effects include shadows, reflections, lines, fills, and more. While you cannot create your own set of theme effects, you can choose a set of effects that work for your presentation.
- On the View tab, in the click Slide Master , and then click Effects .
- Click the set of effects that you want to use.
Save your custom theme
You’ll want to save the changes that you make to the colors, fonts, or and effects as a theme (.thmx file). That way you can apply this new theme to your other presentations.
- On the View tab, click Slide Master, and then click Themes
- Click Save Current Theme.
- In the File name box, type an appropriate name for the theme, and then click Save.
Note The revised theme is saved as a .thmx file in the Document Themes folder on your local drive and it is automatically added to the list of custom themes on the Design tab in the Themes group.