Create the table of contents slide after you have created the rest of the presentation.
Note The following task shows you how to create a table of contents for a presentation (.ppt) file and link it to custom shows (custom show: A presentation within a presentation in which you group slides in an existing presentation so that you can show that section of the presentation to a particular audience.). If you save a presentation as a Web page (.htm file), a table of contents is created automatically and links to each slide in the presentation.
- Open the presentation for which you want to create a table of contents slide.
- Create a custom show for each section of your presentation.
- On the Slide Show menu, click Custom Shows, and then click New.
- Under Slides in presentation, select the slides you want to include in the custom show, and then click Add.
- To select multiple slides, hold down CTRL as you click the slides.
- To change the order in which slides appear, select a slide under Slides in custom show, and then click one of the arrows to move the slide up or down in the list.
- Type a name in the Slide show name box, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 to create more custom shows with any slides in your presentation.
- In slide sorter view, select the first slide in each custom show you just created.
To select multiple slides, hold down CTRL and click the slides you want.
- On the Slide Sorter toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), click Summary Slide .
- Double-click the new slide, which appears in front of your other slides.
- To create a hyperlink from each bulleted item to its corresponding custom show, select the bulleted item, and then on the Slide Show menu, click Action Settings.
- Click Hyperlink to, and in the list, click Custom Show.
- Select the show you want to hyperlink to, and then select the Show and return check box.
- Repeat steps 6 through 8 for each bulleted item on the table of contents slide.