If you do not find a standard layout (layout: The arrangement of elements, such as title and subtitle text, lists, pictures, tables, charts, AutoShapes, and movies, on a slide.) that meets your needs, you can customize an existing layout that perfectly suits your slide content.
- On the View tab, in the Master Views group, click Slide Master.
- In the pane that contains the slide masters and layouts, locate and click the layout that resembles the closest match to what you want in your custom layout.
- Slide master
- Associated layouts (with the same theme applied)
- If none of the layouts meet your needs, select the Blank Layout.
- To modify the layout, do one or more of the following:
- On the Slide Master tab, in the Master Layout group, click Insert Placeholder, and then select a placeholder type from the list.
Tip To understand what a slide master is, see What is a slide master?.
- Click a location on the layout, and then drag to draw the placeholder.
Tip To resize a placeholder, select one of the sizing handles or corner borders, and then drag the corner in or out.
- To rename the layout: In the thumbnail list of layouts, right-click the layout that you customized, and then click Rename Layout.
- In the Rename Layout dialog box, type a new name that describes the layout you’ve just created, and then click Rename.
- To save the custom layout in a template, on the File tab, under Saving, click Save As.
- In the File name box, type a file name, or do nothing to accept the suggested file name.
- In the Save as type list, click PowerPoint Template, and then click Save.
- Close master view.
Note The layout that you added and customized now appears in the list of standard, built-in layouts in Normal view, located on the Home tab, in the Slides group. To apply and use the layout, see Apply a layout to a slide .
Links to more information about slide layouts
Top of Page