- On the Standard toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), click New .
- If you want to keep the default title layout (layout: The arrangement of elements, such as title and subtitle text, lists, pictures, tables, charts, AutoShapes, and movies, on a slide.) for the first slide, go to step 3. If you want a different layout for the first slide, in the Slide Layout task pane (task pane: A window within an Office program that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you to use these commands while still working on your files.), click the layout you want.
- On the slide or on the Outline tab, type the text you want.
- To insert a new slide, on the toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), click New Slide , and click the layout you want.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each new slide, and add any other design elements or effects you want.
- When you finish, on the File menu, click Save, type a name for your presentation, and then click Save.
You can also create a blank presentation in the New Presentation task pane (File menu, New command).