Microsoft PowerPoint creates a new presentation when you use the photo album feature. Any presentations you currently have open in PowerPoint will not be affected by this task.
- On the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click New Photo Album.
- In the Photo Album dialog box, add the pictures you want to appear in your photo album.
Add a picture from a file or disk
- Under Insert picture from, click File/Disk.
- Locate the folder or disk that contains the picture you want to add to your photo album, click the picture file, and then click Insert.
Add a picture from a scanner or camera
- Under Insert picture from, click Scanner/Camera.
- If you have more than one device attached to your computer, under Device select the device you want to use.
Do one of the following:
- If you want to use a scanner to add a picture, place the picture in your scanner, click Web Quality or Print Quality, and then click Insert to scan the picture.
- If you want to use a digital camera or Web camera to add a picture, click Custom Insert, and then follow the instructions that come with the device you're using.
Note Make sure your device is TWAIN (TWAIN: A cross-platform interface for acquiring electronic images that have been captured by scanners, digital cameras, and still-frame video capture boards.)- or WIA (Windows Image Acquisition (WIA): A device-driver interface that supports still digital cameras and low- and high-end scanners, and allows retrieving of still images from IEEE 1394-based DV camcorders and USB-based "Web cams.")-compatible and is connected to your computer. You should also make sure that you have installed the device software that supports TWAIN or WIA.
If you want to customize any settings before you scan, or if your scanner software doesn't support an automatic scan, click Custom Insert in the Scanner/Camera dialog box.
- Repeat Step 2 for as many pictures as you want to add to your photo album.
- Under Album Layout, do any of the following:
- If you want to select the layout of your pictures and text boxes on the slides in your photo album, select a layout in the Picture layout list. If you select Fit to slide as your picture layout, you are unable to add or change frame shapes and design templates.
- If you want to select the shape of a frame to use with your pictures, select a shape in the Frame shape list.
- If you want to select a design template to use for your photo album, click Browse, and then in the Choose Design Template dialog box, locate the design template you want to use, and then click Select.
- Click Create.
Note Always use the Format Photo Album dialog box when making changes or updates to your photo album.
If you want to add a large group of pictures to a new photo album all at once, after clicking File/Disk in the Photo Album dialog box, select all the pictures that you want to add to your photo album, click Insert, and then click Create.