If you do not find a standard layout (layout: The arrangement of elements, such as title and subtitle text, lists, pictures, tables, charts, AutoShapes, and movies, on a slide.) that meets your needs, you can create a custom layout that perfectly suits your slide content.
In Slide Master view, locate the 'Blank Layout' in the thumbnail list of layouts below the slide master. You can customize that layout by adding text-specific and object-specific placeholders (placeholders: Boxes with dotted or hatch-marked borders that are part of most slide layouts. These boxes hold title and body text or objects such as charts, tables, and pictures.).
Note For step-by-step procedures on how to create custom layouts by adding, changing, or deleting placeholders and working in Slide Master view, see the demo Discover the power of custom layouts.
- On the View tab, in the Presentation Views group, click Slide Master.
- In the pane that contains the slide masters and layouts, locate and click the Blank Layout in the list of thumbnail layouts below the slide master.
- To modify the layout, do one or more of the following:
- To remove unwanted, default placeholders such as headers, footers, or the date and time, click the border of the placeholder, and then press DELETE.
- To add a placeholder, do the following:
- On the Slide Master tab, in the Master Layout group, click Insert Placeholder, and then select a placeholder type from the list.
- Click a location on the layout, and then drag to draw the placeholder.
Tip To resize a placeholder, drag one of its corner borders.
- In the thumbnail list of layouts, right-click the Blank Layout and then click Rename Layout.
- In the Rename Layout dialog box, type a new name that describes the new layout you've just customized, and then click Rename.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Save As.
- In the File name box, type a file name, or do nothing to accept the suggested file name.
- In the Save as type list, click PowerPoint Template, and then click Save.
Note The layout that you added and customized now appears in the list of standard, built-in layouts in Normal view, located on the Home tab, in the Slides group. To apply and use the layout, see Apply a different layout to an existing slide.
Top of Page