Create or change a presentation’s handout
Use the Handout Master tab in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 to edit the appearance and layout of presentation handouts. Changes made to the handout master appear on all pages of the printed handout.
- On the View tab, in the Master Views group, click Handout Master. This opens the Handout Master tab.
- On the page, click in a text placeholder (Header, Footer, Date or Page Number) to make your changes. These changes can include:
- Edit or add content in the text placeholders : In addition to text changes, you can use commands on the Insert tab to add graphics or other content types.
- Format the text shape and appearance : Select the text and use the Format tab commands under Drawing Tools.
- Change the text placeholders : Drag a text placeholder to move it, and use the text box sizing handles to change its size.
- Turn placeholders on or off : On the Handout Master tab, in the Placeholders group, uncheck the box of the placeholder that you want to turn off.
- Add or change the background : On the Handout Master tab, in the Background group, click Background Styles and then click a background, or click Format Background to create a background.
- To finish, on the Handout Master tab, in the Close group, click Close Master View.
Preview your handouts
To preview how your handout will look when printed:
- Click the File tab, and then click Print.
- Under Settings, click Full Page Slides and then under Handouts, select the layout you want and look at the preview pane. Click the File tab again to return to your previous view.