Make changes to the slide master
Every PowerPoint presentation contains a slide master with related slide layouts and a theme. You can make changes to the slide master and also to the related layouts to make them work with the text and other objects that you want to put on your slides.
- On the View tab, click Slide Master.
- In Slide Master View, the slide master appears at the top of the thumbnail pane with related layouts beneath it.
- Click to select the master slide, and then on the Slide Master tab, click Master Layout.
- To show or hide the title, text, date, slide numbers, or footer placeholders on the slide master, check the boxes to show, or uncheck the boxes to hide the placeholders.
- To change the background style, on the Slide Master tab, click Background Styles, and then choose a background style.
Delete a slide layout
In the slide thumbnail pane, below the slide master, right-click each slide layout that you want to delete, and then click Delete Layout on the shortcut menu.
Add an additional slide master to a presentation
- Click View > Slide Master.
- On the Slide Master tab, do one of the following:
- In the Edit Theme group, click Themes, and then under Built-in, select a theme that you want the additional Slide Master to adhere to.
- In the Edit Master group, click Insert Slide Master. Note that, if you use this procedure, the slide master appears without theme color and effects.