In this article
Overview of copying and pasting slides
When you copy one or more slides from a presentation, and then paste them to a location either within the same presentation or to another presentation, you can specify the theme that you want the new slides to adopt.
When you paste a slide, it inherits the theme of the slide that precedes it. However, if you copy the slide from another presentation that uses a different theme, you can retain that theme when you paste the slide into a different presentation.
Top of Page
Copy and paste your slides
- On the View tab, in the Presentation Views group, click Normal.
- In the pane that contains the Outline and Slides tabs, click the Slides tab.
- Select the slide that you want to copy by doing one of the following:
Right-click one of the selected slides, and then click Copy.
In the presentation into which you want to paste the copied slides, in the pane that contains the Outline and Slides tabs, on the Slides tab, right-click the slide that you want your copied slides to follow.
On the menu that appears when you right-click, under Paste Options, do one of the following:
- To select a single slide, click it.
- To select multiple sequential slides, click the first slide, press SHIFT, and then click the last slide that you want.
- To select multiple non-sequential slides, press CTRL, and then click each slide that you want.
- If you want the slide to take the theme of the destination presentation that you are pasting to, click Use Destination Theme .
- If you want the slide to maintain the theme of presentation that you are copying from, click Keep Source Formatting .
Top of Page
Where is the Paste Options button?
When you paste a slide into a new location in a presentation, the Paste Options button typically appears near the pasted slide on the Outline or Slides tab in Normal view (see the graphic above for the location), or in the Slides pane. Paste Options enables you to control how your content appears after you paste it.
To get to Paste Options another way, do one of the following:
- On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click the small arrow under Paste.
- In the pane that contains the Outline and Slides tabs, click the Slides tab, and then right-click the slide that you want your copied slides to follow.
Top of Page