- If you're copying text between presentations, open both presentations, and on the Window menu, click Arrange All.
- On the slide, select the table or shape you want to copy, right-click, and then click Copy.
- Display the slide you want to paste to, and on the slide, click where you want to paste; right-click, and then click Paste.
If the item you pasted uses a different design template (design template: A file that contains the styles in a presentation, including the type and size of bullets and fonts; placeholder sizes and positions; background design and fill color schemes; and a slide master and optional title master.) than the slide you pasted to and you want to keep the source formatting (for example, the original fill color in a shape), go to step 4. Otherwise, the pasted item assumes the formatting of the slide it's pasted to, and the paste is complete.
- To retain the item's original formatting, click the Paste Options button , which appears under the item you pasted, and on the button menu, click Keep Source Formatting.
If you decide you want the current design template styles to apply, click Use Design template formatting (this is the default).
- To copy, you can also press CTRL+C; to cut, you can press CTRL+X; to paste, you can press CTRL+V.