Note If you're copying slides between presentations, open both presentations, and on the Window menu, click Arrange All.
- In normal view , click the Slides tab, and then select the slides you want to copy.
Do one of the following:
- To select a single slide, click it.
- To select slides in a row, press SHIFT while clicking each slide.
- To select slides that are not in a row, press CTRL while clicking each slide.
- Right-click one of the selected slides, and then click Copy.
- On the Slides tab, right-click the slide in the destination presentation that you want your copied slides to follow, and then click Paste on the shortcut menu.
If the slides you pasted use a different design template (design template: A file that contains the styles in a presentation, including the type and size of bullets and fonts; placeholder sizes and positions; background design and fill color schemes; and a slide master and optional title master.) than the slide you pasted after, and you want to keep the original formatting, go to step 5. Otherwise, the pasted slides assume the formatting of the slide they follow, and the paste is complete.
- To retain the slides' original formatting, click the Paste Options button , which appears under the slides you pasted, and on the button menu, click Keep Source Formatting.
If you decide that you want the current design template styles to apply, click Use Design template formatting (this is the default).
Note If you want to move slides instead of copy them, click Cut on the shortcut menu rather than Copy.
You can click slides in one location and drag them to a new position on the Slides tab. Look for the horizontal line under the slide where you want to paste, and then release the mouse button. Use the Paste Options button as described in the procedure above to retain the original formatting.