Do any of the following:
Change the layout for a single notes page
If you want to resize or reposition the placeholders, click the slide or notes area to display the placeholder, and then do any of the following:
- On the View menu, click Notes Page.
- On the Format menu, click Notes Layout, and then do any of the following:
If you want the original placeholders and their properties back again, on the Format menu, click Notes Layout, and then click Reapply master.
Change the layout for all notes or handouts
- On the View menu, point to Master, and then click either Notes Master or Handout Master.
- On the master (master: A slide view or page on which you define formatting for all slides or pages in your presentation. Each presentation has a master for each key component: slides, title slides, speaker's notes, and audience handouts.), do any of the following:
- To resize a placeholder (placeholders: Boxes with dotted or hatch-marked borders that are part of most slide layouts. These boxes hold title and body text or objects such as charts, tables, and pictures.), click the placeholder (or slide area if that's what you want to change), point to a sizing handle (sizing handle: One of the small circles or squares that appears at the corners and sides of a selected object. You drag these handles to change the size of the object.), and when the pointer becomes a two-headed arrow, drag the handle.
- To reposition the placeholder, click the placeholder (or slide area if that's what you want to change), and when the pointer becomes a four-headed arrow, drag the placeholder to a new position.
- To delete a placeholder, click the placeholder and then press DELETE.
- To select a different number of slides-per-page for your handout, on the Standard toolbar, click Print Preview . Click the arrow in the Print What list, and then click the type of handout you want.
- If you delete a placeholder on the master and you want to reinsert it, do the following in master view: On the Format menu, click either Notes Master Layout or Handout Master Layout. Then, under Placeholders, select the check box for the deleted placeholder.