Note To adjust the indent in bulleted or numbered lists that appear on all of the slides in your presentation, display the slide master (slide master: The main slide that stores information about the theme and layouts of a presentation, including the background, color, fonts, effects, placeholder sizes, and positions.), and then follow the steps below. To display the slide master in PowerPoint 2007, on the View tab, in the Presentation Views group, click Slide Master. To display it in PowerPoint 2003, on the View menu, point to Master, and then click Slide Master.
- If the ruler (ruler: Vertical and horizontal guides, marked in inches, that can be turned on or off. The origin (or zero marker) changes based on what is selected on the slide (text, text box, or shape).) does not appear, in PowerPoint 2007, on the View tab, in the Show/Hide group, select Ruler. In PowerPoint 2003, click Ruler on the View menu.
- Select the bulleted or numbered text that you want to change.
If the text contains more than one level of bulleted or numbered items, the ruler displays indent markers for each level.
First-line indent marker, showing the indent position of the bullet or number
Left indent marker, showing the indent position of text in the list
- Do one or more of the following:
Repeat step 3 for each level of bullets and numbers, and each level of text that you want to change. For more information about multiple indent levels, see one of the following:
- To change the position of the bullets or numbers, drag the first-line indent marker.
- To change the position of the text, drag the pointed top part of the left indent marker.
- To move the indents simultaneously and keep the relationship between the bullet (or number) and the left text indent as it is, drag the rectangular part on the bottom of the left indent marker.
Top of Page