If you create a chart for your presentation and then the data used in the chart changes, you can update the data so that the chart is accurate.
- Select the chart that you want to change.
- Under Chart Tools, on the Design tab, in the Data group, click Show Data.
Microsoft Office Excel opens in a split window and displays the worksheet that you want to edit.
- To edit the contents of a title or data in a cell, in the Excel worksheet, click the cell that contains the title or the data that you want to change, and then type the new information.
- Do one of the following:
- If the chart is linked, save the worksheet.
- If the chart is embedded, go to step 5. PowerPoint saves the embedded charts automatically.
Note To help you determine if a chart is linked or embedded, see Use charts in your presentation.
- In Excel, on the Microsoft Office Button, click Close.