You can change the appearance of the pictures in your photo album by choosing a layout, adding a frame to your pictures, selecting a theme, and inserting a text box, among other things.
Note To add a caption that describes a picture in a photo album, see Add a caption to a picture in a photo album.
- Open the photo album presentation containing the picture that you want to change.
- On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click the arrow under Photo Album, and then click Edit Photo Album.
- In the Edit Photo Album dialog box, do one or more of the following:
- To display all of the pictures in your photo album in black and white, under Picture Options, select the ALL pictures black and white check box.
- To select a layout (layout: The arrangement of elements, such as title and subtitle text, lists, pictures, tables, charts, AutoShapes, and movies, on a slide.) for your pictures, under Album Layout, in the Picture layout list, select the layout that you want.
- To frame your pictures, under Album Layout, in the Frame shape list, select a frame shape that looks good with all of the pictures in your photo album.
- To select a theme (theme: A set of unified design elements that provides a look for your document by using color, fonts, and graphics.) for your photo album, under Album Layout, next to Theme, click Browse, and then in the Choose Theme dialog box, locate the theme that you want to use.
To learn more about using themes, see Apply a theme (or background) to your presentation.
- To add a text box (text box: A movable, resizable container for text or graphics. Use text boxes to position several blocks of text on a page or to give text a different orientation from other text in the document.) (which provides spacing in your photo album), under Pictures in album, click the picture that you want a text box to supplement, and then click New Text Box.
- To rotate, increase or decrease the brightness, or increase or decrease the contrast of a picture, in the Pictures in album list, click the picture that you want to rotate, and then do the following:
- To rotate a picture clockwise, click .
- To rotate a picture counter-clockwise, click
- To increase the contrast, click .
- To decrease the contrast, click .
- To increase the brightness, click .
- To decrease the brightness, click .