You can change the action settings if a picture, clip art, or button shape has an action assigned to it (such as move to next slide, move to previous slide, go to the last slide of the show, or go to a Web page or other Microsoft Office PowerPoint presentation or file.)
Note To add a picture, clip art, or button shape and assign an action to it, see Assign an action to a built-in button or other object.
- On the View tab, in the Presentation Views group, click Normal.
- Click the picture, clip art, or button shape that you want to change.
- On the Insert tab, in the Links group, click Action.
- To change the behavior of the picture, clip art, or button shape, in the Action Settings dialog box, click either the Mouse Click tab or the Mouse Over tab.
- To choose the action that takes place when you click or move the pointer over the picture, clip art, or button shape, do one of the following:
- To use the picture, clip art, or button shape without a corresponding action, click None.
- To create a hyperlink, click Hyperlink to, and then select the destination (for example, the next slide, the previous slide, the last slide, or another PowerPoint presentation) that you want the hyperlink action to go.
Note To link to a file created by any another program, in the Hyperlink to list, click Other File.
- To run a program, click Run program, click Browse, and then locate the program that you want to run.
- To run a macro (macro: An action or a set of actions that you can use to automate tasks. Macros are recorded in the Visual Basic for Applications programming language.), click Run macro, and then select the macro that you want to run. The Run macro settings are available only if your presentation contains a macro. When you save the presentation, you must save it as a PowerPoint Macro-enabled Show. For more information about macros see Run a macro.
- If you want the picture, clip art, or button shape that you chose as an action button to perform an action, click Object action, and then select the action that you want it to perform.
Note The Object action settings are available only if your presentation contains an Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) object. For more information about OLE objects see Create, change, or delete an OLE object
- To play a sound, select the Play sound check box, and then select the sound that you want to play.
- Click OK.
Top of Page