Which program are you using?
- On the Home tab, in the Drawing group, click Arrange, point to Align, and then click Grid Settings.
Tip You can also right-click on an empty area of the slide (not a placeholder (placeholders: Boxes with dotted or hatch-marked borders that are part of most slide layouts. These boxes hold title and body text or objects such as charts, tables, and pictures.)) or the margin around the slide, and then click Grid and Guides.
- Under Grid settings, enter the measurement that you want in the Spacing list.
Tip If you want these settings to be the default settings for all of your presentations, click Set as Default.
Top of Page
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Arrange group, click Align, and then click Grid Settings.
- Do one or more of the following:
- To specify horizontal spacing, under Grid settings, enter the measurement that you want in the Horizontal spacing list.
- To specify vertical spacing, under Grid settings, enter the measurement that you want in the Vertical spacing list.
- To extend the drawing grid to the edge of the document, under Grid origin, clear the Use margins check box.
- To display only some gridlines, under Show grid, select the Display gridlines on screen check box, and then click the number of gridlines that you want to display in the Vertical every or Horizontal every lists.
Tip If you want these settings to be the default settings for all of your documents, click Default.
Note To change the unit in which grid spacings are displayed, exit all Microsoft Office programs, and then follows the instructions in Change the default date, time, number or measurement format.
Top of Page