If you do not find a standard slide layout (layout: The arrangement of elements, such as title and subtitle text, lists, pictures, tables, charts, AutoShapes, and movies, on a slide.) that matches your slide content, you can change an existing layout.
- On the View tab, click Slide Master.
- In the thumbnail pane that contains the slide masters and layouts, locate and click the slide layout that is the closest match to what you want in your layout.
Tip If none of the layouts meet your needs, select the Blank Layout and start anew by adding placeholders to contain text, pictures, videos, etc.
- To change an existing layout, do one or more of the following:
- To add a placeholder, on the Slide Master tab, click Insert Placeholder, and then select a placeholder type from the list. Click a location on the layout, and then drag to draw the placeholder.
- Resize, reposition, or delete a placeholder.
- To rename the layout, in the thumbnail list of layouts, right-click the layout that you customized, and then click Rename Layout.
- In the Rename Layout dialog box, type a new name that describes the layout you’ve just created, and then click Rename.
- On the Slide Master tab, click Close Master View.
To reapply the updates you made to the layout so that they appear on the slides in your presentation, do the following:
- In Normal View, in the thumbnail pane, click the slide that you want to reapply the updated layout to.
Note To select multiple slides, press and hold the Ctrl key, and then click each slide.
- On the Home tab, in the Slides group, click Layout, and then select the layout that you updated in Slide Master View.
Links to more information about slide layouts