If you do not find a standard slide layout (layout: The arrangement of elements, such as title and subtitle text, lists, pictures, tables, charts, AutoShapes, and movies, on a slide.) that matches your slide content, you can change an existing layout.
Slide Master is always the top thumbnail, and the slide layouts are beneath it.
- On the View tab, click Slide Master.
- In the thumbnail pane that contains the slide masters and layouts, pick the layout that has closest arrangement of placeholders to how you want your slide to look.
Tip If none of the layouts meet your needs, pick the Blank Layout and start over by adding placeholders to contain text, pictures, videos, etc.
- To change an existing layout, do one or more of the following:
- To add a placeholder, on the Slide Master tab, click Insert Placeholder, and then select a placeholder type from the list. Click a location on the layout, and then drag to draw the placeholder.
- Resize, reposition, or delete a placeholder.
- To rename the layout, in the thumbnail list of layouts, right-click the layout that you customized, and then click Rename Layout.
- In the Rename Layout dialog box, type a new name that describes the layout you’ve just created, and then click Rename.
- On the Slide Master tab, click Close Master View.
To reapply the updates you made to the layout so that they appear on the slides in your presentation, do the following:
- In Normal View, in the thumbnail pane, click the slide that you want to reapply the updated layout to.
Note To select multiple slides, press and hold the Ctrl key, and then click each slide.
- On the Home tab, in the Slides group, click Layout, and then select the layout that you updated in Slide Master View.
Links to more information about slide layouts